Share Your Story
Each person has a story to tell.
Our experiences in life and how we choose to deal with them make our stories amazingly different, related, and unique.
The connection that our stories create and the wisdom they impart can inspire beautiful friendships, deep learning, personal and social change, meaningful collaborations, breakthrough innovations, and positive work.
On My Story, I am giving you a safe space to own your story. Here, you can tell the world of your brave, honest, and vulnerable life stories that brought out the best in you; inspiring adventures that led you to new and fresh discoveries; and moving insights that helped you interpret and re-imagine what it means to live, love, and share.
“Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have.” – 1 Peter 3:15 (NIV)
I am honored to offer you this space to tell your personal story. Here’s how you can share.
- Send your story in a written format, preferably in a Microsoft Word document. Check that it contains a minimum of 500 words and maximum of 1,500 words. Please include a short biography that is not more than five sentences, and append links to your sites and social media profiles. Adding your photo would also be great!
- Email your final draft to MyStory@thedreamerwrites.blog with the subject line, “My Story: <Title of Your Story>.” I will be responding to you within a week upon receipt of your article.
- Provide proper credits, links, and references to quotes, facts, figures, or research findings mentioned on your post if they are not your intellectual properties.
- Your story should be unpublished and it hasn’t been posted in any other existing sites or blogs, including yours. If you’re writing a post on your blog to inform your readers about your guest post, write an excerpt and don’t publish the exact version of the post. Thousands of posts are published in the internet every week, and duplicate contents won’t help in doing a little “housekeeping.”
- While you own your style and tone of writing, I reserve the right to edit certain portions of your article as deemed necessary for the sake of clarity and to suit the format of my blog. In doing this, I’ll communicate the changes to you and seek your approval. I’ll do my best to make sure that you won’t be losing your voice.
- I also encourage you to reply to readers’ comments on your published post.
- Submission is voluntary and you agree that you won’t expect to gain any monetary remuneration in exchange of the story you’ve shared.
Please send me a message on the Contact page if you have any questions. I look forward to publishing your own story!