In life, you need three types of people who can help you succeed. They are your models, mentors, and partners.
I was in college when I first read the book, “The Purpose Driven Life” by Rick Warren, the founding pastor of Saddleback Church. This devotional book was a phenomenal bestseller and became one of the most translated books in history after the Bible.
I was not a Christian then, but this book has greatly captivated my heart and subsequently impacted my life in significant ways. I have never experienced the wisdom of the Bible written and explained profoundly and practically until I have read this book.
Since then, I have regarded Pastor Rick Warren as a model and mentor. Thanks to internet because through different social media platforms, I am able to follow his incredible, anointed journey through faith. Pastor Rick Warren’s teachings have been instrumental in setting my spiritual compass to the right direction. The spiritual lessons he shared always come to my rescue whenever I am being challenged in my own faith journey.
I like to share with you some of my favorite, spiritually-nourishing quotes (some verbatim, some are not) that I have gathered from his various teachings.
1. It is not about me; it is about God.
2. I grow strong by refusing what is wrong.
3. I become effective by being selective. Tweet
4. I need hope to cope.
5. I never confuse activity with my productivity.
6. I fulfill my dream by being part of a team.
7. I begin to heal when I reveal what I feel.
8. I get my point across by not being cross. Tweet
9. I develop maturity by doing a ministry.
10. My true identity is built from God’s creativity.
11. I defeat temptation by re-directing my attention.
12. My gratitude increases the altitude of my attitude.
13. My response to pain determines my gain.
14. I get hold of my destiny if I let go of my history. Tweet
15. I become significant when I stop being relevant.
16. I am still in knowing God’s will.
17. The integrated complexity of my physiology is a testimony to the existence of God Almighty.
18. What I think I own is actually on loan.
19. I use my affluence for good influence.
20. My occupation is not my vocation.
21. I can never be sinless, but I can sin less.
22. My faithfulness in small ways brings fruitfulness in big ways.
23. God’s sufficiency meets my inadequacy.
24. God takes it slow until I grow. Tweet
25. My real value does not depend on my valuables; my self-worth is not measured by net worth.
26. If I care, I will be aware.
27. I want to feel the ease, but God wants to heal the disease.
28. God tests me with stress before He can trust me with success.
29. For every blessing, there is a testing.
30. Obeying God’s vision will bring God’s provision.
31. If I don’t let it out in healthy ways, I act it out in unhealthy ways.
32. I don’t have to stop mourning in order to start moving.
33. Because God is good, everything that He does in my life is for my own good.
34. Whatever I resist will persist.
35. God comforts me through both correction and protection.
36. When I blame, I am being lame.
37. To stop defeating myself, I must stop deceiving myself. Tweet
38. I am only as sicked as my secrets.
39. Reconciliation is done “in spite of”, not “because of”.
40. I am never persuasive when I am abrasive.
41. Sometimes, the only way to train is through pain.
42. My best requires rest.
43. When God says “go”, I must let go in order to receive God’s blessings.
44. When God appoints me, He anoints me; when God gives me an assignment, He gives me an empowerment.
45. I turn to God first, then I turn to my plan.
46. When I look at the world, I’ll be stressed; when I look at myself, I’ll be depressed; when I look at Christ, I’ll be at rest. Tweet
47. While I am waiting, God is working.
48. To hear God, I’ve got to get near God; I lose my fear when God is near.
49. Prayer is my path back to my come back.
50. I have not learned it until I have done it.
What significant life lessons have you learned from those who came before you? Quote their wisdom and share it in the comments section or tweet it to @blog_thedreamer.