1. The nostalgic sound in the classroom after the class has been dismissed; or in the boarding house when all your boardmates and friends have gone to summer vacation; or in the office after all the employees have logged out or when you came in early and no one has arrived yet.
2. The monotonous and boring sound of waiting, ticking indefinitely in the hands of time.
3. The anguished sound of your unrequited heart, of your broken heart beating softly in the experience of overwhelming sorrow.
4. The pleasing tune of the chimes when you open the door to a room that is filled with memories that are bitter to recall.
5. The quiet sound when you pull the unused bedsheet and empty quilt. You are lying all alone on a bed for two.
6. The serenity and calmness of nature.
7. The sound of determined soles striking on a lonely road, or the rustle of dead leaves trampled underfoot on an unfamiliar trail.
8. The refreshing sound of bubbles underwater, breathed out by an enlivened soul who learned how to swim in the sea of troubles and uncertainties.
9. The sound of unspoken dreams, repressed desires, hurt feelings, and rebellious heart. Sometimes, when you keenly listen to the sound of silence, you will hear the truth.
10. The quiet response of a trusting and faithful heart when God answered “No” or “Wait” to one’s earnest prayers.
How does silence sound like to you? Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.